The CUNY Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC) NanoFabrication Facility and Futureworks NYC present a two-day micro & nanofabrication workshop to be held November 9th and 10th. The program will be particularly useful for those interested in research and industrial applications of micro/nano fabrication and materials characterization. This two-day program will have both lectures and in lab (cleanroom) components. The material concepts will be accessible to non-scientists, including entrepreneurs interested in nanotechnology, students and researchers new to the field and engineers looking to expand their skill set.
Lecture Topics: Fundamental processes for nanofabrication and applications
- Device applications and technologies
- Introduction to cleanrooms and safety training
- Thin-film deposition techniques
- Photolithography techniques
- Etching, plasma and chemical techniques
- Metrology techniques
Attendees will receive hands on cleanroom training on several tool sets, processing sample silicon wafers through each major process area.
- Thursday, Nov. 9th 1:30PM-5:00PM @ ASRC Data Visualization (5th Fl)
- Friday, Nov. 10th9:00AM-5:00PM @ ASRC Data Visualization (5th Fl)
RSVP is required for attendance.