New York City wants to establish itself as the next hub for biotechnology. The City possess the scientific intellect, financial backing and thanks to recent initiatives, is growing the lab space needed to compete with current biotech hubs in Boston and San Francisco. There is however one more piece to the puzzle – amplifying the work done in the medical innovation field and supporting medtech companies in New York City.
In collaboration with the City College of New York Master’s in Translational Medicine Program, CUNY BIOTECH and Futureworks NYC, the ASRC NanoFabricaiton Facility presents a panel of inventors and innovators for a discussion highlighting the challenges and opportunities associated with building medical device technology companies in NYC, who is working in this space and why we should be focusing on bringing medical device technology into the conversation around accelerating biotechnology in New York City.
The panel will be held in the ASRC Auditorium with a reception and tours to follow.
- Yael El-Mandel Portnoy PhD: Co Founder, Cardea Sciences
- Jahan Ali PhD: Founder, Octane Ventures
- Andrea Westervelt MS: Founder, Term Affirm
- Adam Wollowick PhD: Senior Vice President of Business Development, Stryker
- 6:00-7:00 PM Panel Discussion in the ASRC Auditorium
- 7:00-8:00 PM Networking and Reception in the ASRC Cafe
- Tours of the NanoFab to be offered during the networking session